Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Help Clean the Capital (Day 51)

For the next month, the City of Ottawa is sponsoring "Fall Cleaning in the Capital".  (http://www.ottawa.ca/residents/environment/community/capitalcleaning/index_en.html ) This event runs from September 15 to October 15.  The idea is to have teams of volunteers pick a public space and clean it up - throw out the garbage, recycle or compost as appropriate.   87, 409 people participated in the program in 2009 (both spring and fall campaigns), and the city is aiming to surpass last year's record.

I've decided to do my own little part, by picking up litter whenever or wherever I see it.  I won't be joining a team and doing a one-time cleaning blitz of one area.  I plan to make this a year-long endeavour, in any location I happen to be.  It's a small simple step, leading to a cleaner living space for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment