Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Buy only RFA-certified black tea (Day 57)

I seem to be on a RFA-certified kick these days.  I can't help but think about all the environmental damage my vices are doing to the environment.  I've decided that if I must indulge, at least I'll try having a clear conscience.

This brings me to tea.  I'm a bit of a tea granny.  I need coffee in the morning to wake up, but the rest of the day I usually drink tea.  Herbal, green and black, my choice depends on the time of day and what I"m using it for. 

I needed to replenish my orange pekoe supply, so I picked some up at the grocery store.  And there it was - RFA-certified black tea.  I didn't even know that this existed.  Not only did it exist, but it was my favourite brand as well.  And it didn't seem to cost any more than the brand had before.

For those interested, here is the link to the Rainforest Alliance's tea certification program (http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/agriculture.cfm?id=tea).  I'm excited that I can drink my tea and help the environment.

I'm going to see if I can find RFA certified green tea on my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment