Monday, September 20, 2010

Buy an eco-friendly yoga mat (Day 59)

I've decided that I need to improve my fitness.  I've done yoga in the past and have loved it.  But with three kids busy with activities and school, and DH taking guitar lessons, my evenings and weekends are busy.  I have been unsuccessful finding yoga during the day with the city, so have finally resorted to paying for a session at a local studio.

I was all set to attend my first class this week.  But I couldn't find my mat.  After about 15 mins of searching, it dawned on me.  The mat was my mother's, and I had borrowed it from her.  I must have returned it to her at some point over the summer.   Since she is attending the class with me, I was going to have to get my own mat.

Yoga mats are not something I'm comfortable obtaining second hand, so I opted to buy an environmentally friendly one.  It's made from Polymer Environmental Resin (PER), a material that is biodegradable and non-toxic.  It doesn't contain any latex, heavy metals, phthalates, or phenols, and doesn't have that "yoga mat" smell from the off-gassing of chemicals.

Now I'm ready to attend this week's class, and hopefully bring a peaceful state to my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment