Wednesday, August 18, 2010

No more Swiffer products (Day 36)

I have a Swiffer duster (the one that sort of looks like a feather duster) to use inbetween the rungs on my kitchen chairs.  I used to have a Swiffer vacuum, before it died, which I loved, and haven't yet replaced.

With this eco-challenge, I am once again following Vanessa's lead.  I decided not to replace the Swiffer vacuum and continue to use my broom/dust pan and regular vacuum to clean up the kitchen floor.  All of the extra floor pads and vacuum filters I gave to my SIL for her Swiffer vac, when we went to visit two weeks ago.

Today, I threw out the Swiffer duster.  I guess I'll have to clean the chairs the hard way - a microfibre cloth, a little bit of water and elbow grease.

3 comments:

  1. Why "throw it out"? Why not find someone else who will use it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH I WANT THAT DUSTER!!!
    i have been trying to find one for ages! I want to knit reusable duster things for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, Anonymous, I should have tried to find someone else to use it.

    As a matter of fact, Nicole wants it, so I will dig through my pile of "to out go this week" and see if I can find it for you.

    ReplyDelete