Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Buy only recycled plastic black bags (Day 70)

Apparently biodegradable bags have caused my readers some anxiety.  I've had several people comment (both publicly and privately) about the cons of using these "so-called friendly products" (to quote one observer).

I'm due to purchase regular black garbage bags, so am going to follow one reader's suggestion of purchasing ones that contain the most recycled plastic I can find. I've been reading David Suzuki's book "Going Green", and in it he states that we need to follow through on purchasing recycled products, to encourage the whole recycling process. It's not going to breakdown in the landfill, but by making this purchase, I am encouraging companies and cities to invest in plastics recycling programs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment