Sunday, November 21, 2010

Re-usable produce bags (Day 89)

I've been using cloth grocery bags for years.  I received a pile of them when I worked for the company that markets the EcoLogo, back in the late 1990s.  The looks I used to get from the cashiers.....

I've always tried not use plastic produce bags.  I only use them if I am buying multiples of something (such as limes or lemons).  A single item (like a broccoli or celery head) just gets put into my shopping cart as is.  As part of my eco-challenge, I've been meaning to purchase some reusable produce bags, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

You can imagine my surprise when I opened a package sent to me in the mail this past week.  My sister-in-law sent me an early birthday present - 4 reusable mesh produce bags.  Made by credobags(http://www.credobags.com/) , mine are 100% organic cotton.  They have washed up beautifully.  I used them a couple of days ago for my groceries - and I love them!   I don't know why I haven't bought them before this. 

Next on my list - reusable bulk bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment