Monday, January 17, 2011

Use eco- and body- friendly lip balm (Change 101)

Another eco-gift from Santa came in the form of lip balm.  This is one of the few cosmetic products I use on a daily basis.  The city we live in is very dry, especially in winter, where temperatures can dip as low at -25C in winter.  Moisturizing is a must.

Santa made sure that my new lip balm complies with the Skin Deep Database - it scores a 2 on the list.  Santa even brought some for the children and DH.  The new lip balm is made from beeswax, coconut oil, and a couple of other natural ingredients.  I really like it - it goes on well, and has staying power.

As one of my readers commented in an earlier post: "Gotta love when Santa gets it right".

3 comments:

  1. I use Bert's Bee's products. They are almost 100% natural, recyclable container, and do not test on animals. They also have a range of body wash, shampoos, and conditioners.

    Excellent Products.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you are done with your new eco lip balm, you might want to try making it yourself. all you need is coconut oil, beeswax and sweet almond oil. It takes about 2 minutes and it very economical.There are lots of recipes online.Just save the tube you have now, wash and reuse.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen - I've been using BB's stuff and I love them. As for making my own, Lynn, sounds interesting - I'll have to give it a try. Any tips you can pass on? :)

    ReplyDelete