Saturday, June 30, 2012

Use recycled facial tissue (Change 138)

The idea of hankies went by the wayside a long time ago.  I caught a really bad cold a few months ago, and ended up using copious amounts of Kleenex.  I never got back in the habit of using hankies.  So you can imagine my delight when I discovered that Scotties is now producing a 100% recycled fibre facial tissue.  It is EcoLogo certified (http://www.ecologo.org/en/), and actually manufactured in Canada.  Like most things environmentally-friendly, it is a higher cost that the regular brands.  But is makes me feel good, and makes my nose feel good too.

3 comments:

  1. I try to use recycled-content tissues too, but only for really bad colds and allergies. I quite like using hankies for every other day, it's just a question of getting used to it I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To all my green-minded friends - just read about this - seven more days to go: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/midwayfilm/join-the-midway-film-project

    (my apologies for posting this way on your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dahlia - old habits die hard, and this one seems to be hard for me. I'll keep trying though!

    ReplyDelete