Sunday, July 25, 2010

No more hot showers (Day 9)

Like Vanessa, I have discovered the delights of a luke warm shower.  I really love it.  I'm always been a hot shower person - you know, the kind that steams up the shower for an hour after I'm finished with it.  But I've been so hot lately (we've had a major heat wave in Ontario for the past couple of weeks), that I haven't been able to stand the thought of hot showers.  So, I've been having cool ones.  And I love them.

I emerge cooled down and refreshed, more ready to face the day, rather than hot and cranky, and NOT ready to handle kids and husband.

I'm going to continue with the luke warm showers as my next permanent change.  Although I wonder if I'll still be in love with them once winter hits.

2 comments:

  1. You can also try keeping your showers down to under 8 minutes. That way, even if you go back to hot showers, you will be using less water. Eight minutes seems short, but it is actually plenty of time to shampoo & condition your hair, wash your face and body, and thoroughly rinse everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always tried to keep them short, anyway, as I hate wasting water. Which is why I tried army showers on Day 11. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete